Superman has telescopic vision . . . the ability to see far ahead with great clarity. The Apostle Paul likewise had telescopic vision given to him by the Holy Spirit. In 2 Timothy 4, Paul gazed into the distant future, into the last days, and he wrote these sobering words: "For the time will come when people will not endure sound doctrine, but after their own lusts shall gather themselves teachers to tickle their ears; and they shall turn away from the truth, and shall turn unto fables." I wonder if God's man was looking at the 21st century church in America? A "church" by and large, filled with half-truth doctrines, no-truth doctrines, or wrong-truth doctrines. A church hi-jacked by hirelings and thieves, and filled with people who have not a clue what the Bible says on moral and spiritual doctrines.
Think with me how crazy and absurd church services have become in some churches.
- A Lutheran Church observed Holy Communion by being served by clowns (Bozo?). The ministers, dressed like circus clowns, blew horns and juggled balls while passing out the bread, juice, and pinwheels . . . yes, pinwheels!
- A Charismatic Church had a revival where the tattooed evangelist laid on the floor and preached in gibberish (?) while a woman stood in the choir loft and sang over & over again, "I want to be a lay-down lover to Jesus".
- A Baptist Church opens its worship services by having its church rock band play AC/DC's "Highway to Hell" to pump-up the youth.
- A Methodist Church placed a bed on the platform and hired two partially nude models to demonstrate proper sex techniques.
- An Assembly of God Church typically observes in its services, men running around the sanctuary on all "fours" like dogs, women sitting and howling like wolves, and people falling down in fits of laughter. They call it being "spirit-filled".
- A so-called Emerging-Church incorporates New Age visualization, meditations, yoga posturing, and chanting into its worship practices. It promises a "new experience" every time you come.
The saddest things about these services - and 1,000's more going on each Sunday - is that nobody sees anything wrong with them. Full of ignorance, lacking discernment, afraid to judge, and deceived by Satan, congregations go to these churches "unaware".
Also, think with me on how crazy and absurd so-called ministers have become:
- A "famous" pastor is honored for service although he is facing perjury charges for lying in a civil suit about having sexual affairs with multiple women, including his sister-in-law.
- A noted Christian author, popular among the youth and college crowd, says no doctrines are sure or set . . . all must be re-evaluated by each generation. His point . . . Salvation can change from generation to generation, according to interpretation.
- A number of gospel singers have strange beliefs and sordid behaviors, yet much of it is "overlooked" by most. One gospel singer recently inducted into the Hall-of-Fame denies the deity of Christ, yet nothing is said of his heretical view.
- A new, well-publicized Charismatic evangelist claims to heal the sick, raise the dead, make people rich, and receive direct revelation from God . . . all while being anointed by an angel named "Emma". His bizarre claims have won him much "praise".
- A majority of pastors are discarding preaching the Bible in favor of telling inspirational stories, giving motivational speeches, conversing on social issues, or sharing psychological babble. This whimsical style of entertaining people is highly popular with the post-modern crowd (twenty-something) who despise authoritative truth.
My point in sharing about these churches, ministers, and services is to show you how easy the church has become for takeover by the False Prophet. When the rapture occurs, the true church (born-again believers from all denominations & churches) will rise-up to meet the Lord in the air while the false church will remain to become part of the New World Order. The false church will be a church void of doctrine, governed by New Age teachings/techniques, and ruled by subjective, sensual experiences, The Roman Catholic Church, the Charismatic Churches, and the Protestant Emerging Churches are setting the foundation for this New World Order Church by their contempt for Biblical truth.
In closing, this apostasy from the Faith was foretold by Paul, Peter, Jude, and Jesus Himself. It is tragic that many do not even know they are apostates because they have no idea what the truth is. Ignorance is no bliss when it comes to Bible truth . . . in fact, it will become an eternal curse. May we be like the Bereans of Acts 17 of whom it was said, "they received the Word with readiness of mind and searched the scriptures daily to check whether things were so (true and right)."